Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ranger Fans are A-holes


I just got back a short while ago from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (oops, I mean Isles) v. Rangers game. Sound Tigers lost 4-2.

Despite the loss - it was a good game for the Isles. Not so impressive for the blueshirts. BTW -- Ranger fans are truly A-holes. I guess they should be overjoyed that they squeaked out a win against a team that is essentially a minor league club. Rangers were out-shot, out-hit, and quite honestly, out worked tonight. They got a few lucky breaks (Martinek's tip-in into his own net; and the McAmmond/Hilbert collision that resulted in a 3-1 rush) and really didn't do too much on even strength. In fact, 2 of their goals were with the man advantage against a penalty killing unit with guys that have less than a year of NHL experience. Nothing to brag about.

Rangers fans (because along with being A-holes they are also incredibly stupid) will assume my rant is the result of sour grapes. Nothing could be further from the truth. If the Rangers were my team (then I'd also be a loser & I'd suck on the end of a hose hooked up to a car's exhaust pipe) then I wouldn't be impressed with tonight's win. They have one of the highest payrolls in the league, and they are the wonderful NY Rangers from the awesome MSG -- and they just aren't that good of a team.

Case in point -- there were only 4 players on the Isles roster tonight who did NOT log time in Bridgeport this season. So YES - the Rangers struggled against and barely beat a glorified farm team. No disrespect to the Isles -- I know that they are rebuilding. They played without Witt, they have no Andy Sutton, and 2 of their D-men were recent minor league call-ups. And all the Suck-ass Rangers could manage was a mere 4 goals.

Then to top it all off -- those ignorant, half-retarded, imbeciles (a/k/a Ranger fans) started chanting "Kansas City". How stupid can they be to chant for their biggest rival to leave town. What dumbasses --- I don't imagine Ranger morons (I mean fans) will be frothing at the mouth and running to buy tickets when their arch-rival Kansas City whatevers come to town. They should be smart enough to realize that if the Isles leave town it is not only bad for Long Island, bad for NY, bad for Islander fans, bad for the NHL -- and yes, bad for the Rangers. Who would ever be so simple-minded to root for their best rivalry to be ruined. Oh that's right, I am talking about Ranger fans so I should probably lower my expectations.

Go ahead and chant that Potvin "beats his wife" or "sucks" and we'll continue to sing the "If you know the Rangers suck clap your hands" song and we'll boo that jack-a** Sean Avery. That's all good old-fashioned hating the enemy kinda stuff. But to actually chant for the team to disappear. It is beyond words.

One last parting note to Ranger fools (I mean fans). Yes, we are not a very good team this year -- but when we end up with Tavares this summer - this down time will be worth it. Plus -- despite all of its money & prestige --- your team has only managed to win ONE Stanley Cup in the last 70 years!!!!! My team not only has FOUR cups --- but also is identified as a DYNASTY. Isles won their cups before they could be bought.

Next up: Captain, my captain -- who will wear the "C"
MLD

No comments: